Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My First Week Interning for Global TV on The Morning Show


So it has now been three days of my internship at The Morning Show, and it's safe to say that I absolutely love it (as lots of my friends can tell by how much I've been posting to Facebook and Twitter about it). The team is really small here at the studio at 121 Bloor, but it makes coming to work a little bit more interesting and comfortable. I have already learned a lot about what goes on behind the scenes for the show, and not only that, but I've BEEN ON TV! I participated in a "Spa Trends" segment on the show. You can see it here: globalnews.ca/video/1020498/winter-spa-trends
I've had a great time greeting guests, doing research for important interviews and doing errands around the office. So far I am loving it here. All of the hosts are just as nice as they seem on screen! I was at first very timid when it came to being around the hosts (they have worked so hard to get to where they are), but now it's pretty casual and I find myself mostly working on the same computer that Leslie Roberts works on.

I think that so far, these three days have been nice. The morning meetings are also very interesting, as we talk a lot about how the show went, and what is next for the rest of the week. A lot of planning and hard work goes into the show and it really is crazy how such a small group of people manage to pull it together so well. Essentially, I would much rather be on screen, but this placement has given me a great new attitude towards working behind the scenes, whether it be setting up interviews through public relations or setting up the show with scripts and topic sheets. I can't stress enough how talented everyone is here, all of the producers, camera guys, editors, writers and more work so hard, and I can tell that they have definitely worked very hard to earn their spot on such a prestigious morning show.

I hope that I continue to learn more and grow within this company within the next week and a half!
I will try to take lots of photos to share on my blog and Facebook as well.


xo Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment